Buy Quarantine Credits , Unlock Everything!
Each Quarantine Credit unlocks an hour of personalized education for K-10 students and beyond. Quarantine Coding Club is the most flexible online educational experience there is:
- We have tons of coding topics to choose from!
- Summer Availability (June 15 - August 21): Weekdays, 12pm-4pm PST.
- Students can join at the beginning of any hour (12pm noon, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm) and stay for the entire hour. At the end of the hour, students can leave or continue on for another hour to maximize the experience.
- Students will learn different coding topics at their own pace, guided by an experienced Coding Coach.
- JULY BRING-A-FRIEND PROMOTION: Bring a friend to class for free! Plus, get an extra Quarantine Credit half off for every friend! Email email@example.com for more information!
What Do Credits Unlock?
Coding for Harry Potter & Mario FansBuild your own adventure based Harry Potter or Mario games. Mario fans will earn special Mario game design badges, and vice versa for Harry Potter fans! Tech requirements for this topic includes installing software in advance. Information will be emailed to you.
Coding for Minecraft & Pokemon FansLearn how to build survival-style video games with other kids who love these video games! Tech requirements for this topic includes installing software in advance. Information will be emailed to you.
LearnToMod MinecraftLearn how to make cool, custom Minecraft mods with our instructors on Fridays. Tech requirements for this topic include pre-purchasing LearnToMod software ($29.99) and having a Minecraft account on Windows or Mac version 1.9.
Coding for Marvel, Fortnite, & Star Wars FansBuild battle arena-style games with characters from your favorite games and movies! Share the games you make with your new coding friends. Tech requirements for this topic includes installing software in advance. Information will be emailed to you.
Endless Runner GameStudents will use a typed coding language to code and customize a multi-staged game in the style of Temple Run and Super Mario Run. Students can theme their game with provided Mario, Harry Potter, or Star Wars assets complete with items to collect and things to avoid. Students will use an online coding editor. No installation needed.
Maze GameStudents will focus on level design and game balance while using a typed coding language to create a top-down puzzle adventure! Students can theme their game using provided Minecraft or Pokemon assets or even create their own. Students will use an online coding editor. No installation needed.
Coding AdventuresCoding Adventures is designed for our youngest students. Our Coding Coaches will guide your young coder through creative drawing activities as they learn valuable computational thinking skills such as sequencing, pattern recognition, and problem solving as well as general computer knowledge! They will gain basic coding skills while drawing on paper.
Coding with ScratchOur Coding Coaches will guide your children through a variety of projects using the Scratch programming language.
Coding Digital ArtGet creative with code! Generate and manipulate shapes in the text-based language Scheme. Our Coding Coaches will introduce and build your student’s confidence with universal coding tools and terms like functions, definitions, and arguments -- all while creating fun pictures with code! guide your children through a variety of text-based coding art projects using WeScheme.
3D ExplorationThe magic of turning code into an immersive 3D world is something that only coders will ever experience. Students will learn a programming language for designing and customizing interactive worlds that they can walk (or fly!) through.
Education Takes a School Village
Quarantine Coding Club is a chance for students to learn coding and technology with the guidance of live instructors while being able to socialize with their peers. Our goal is to provide zero- to low-cost education during quarantine by crafting a thriving community of educators, parents, and students.
- Students learn new coding skills every session. Educational activities change daily!
- Average 1:8 teacher to student ratio allows our Coding Coaches to engage students in interactive, personalized, interdisciplinary experiences.
- Novel digital classroom models give students the ability to choose their educational activities, significantly increasing student satisfaction.
- Purchase Quarantine Credits or earn them for free by volunteering your time and skills.
- Great for coders of all skill levels. Sessions are available for K-2nd, 3rd-6th, 7th-10th, 11th-12th, College, and Lifelong Learners.
- Our goal is to make learning coding fun while we're all stuck at home.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do Quarantine Credits work? Each Quarantine Credit can be applied to one 1 hour online session. You can apply the credits you purchase to any of our unfilled scheduled sessions. You do not have to apply all of your purchased credits all at once. We keep track of how many credits each customer has so that you can wait to apply them until a time that is convenient for you!
- I purchased Quarantine Credits! Now, how do I use them to sign up for Coding Club sessions? After you purchase, you'll be directed to fill out a short form to send us your students' registration information. Once you have registered, someone from our team will be notified and will email you within the hour to confirm your registration. If you do not receive this email within 2 hours, please call us at (858) 375-4097. If you purchase credits outside of our business hours (Monday-Friday 9am-5pm PST), someone from our team will email you during our next scheduled business hours to confirm your registration.
- How many sessions should I enroll my student in? Your child can stay online with us from 12pm - 4pm PST. Each session starts on the hour, and students can choose to end a session or continue on at each hour mark. Remember, coding is a skill just like playing piano or learning a foreign language: the more time students spend on coding, the stronger their coding skills will become. And with so many fun topics to choose from, students will always be learning new skills!
- Do I need to install anything in order to participate? Some of our topics will require installing software. If you are unable or unwilling to install software on your device, there are other topics that do not require anything to be installed.
- Can I still sign up for a session that starts today? Yes, you can! Once you purchase Quarantine Credits, a customer service representative will contact you and send a video conferencing link along with information about scheduling.
- What deals/coupons do you have available? We have bulk discount packages that are always available for purchase above. The more credits you purchase in 1 transaction, the less each credit costs.
- What equipment do I need in order to participate? All you need to participate in our Quarantine Coding Club is a computer, a keyboard, and an internet connection! We also ask students to bring paper and pencil to sessions as well. Some of our topics will require that software be installed; if your device doesn’t allow for that, your child can choose another topic.
- Can my 2 or more children share the credits I purchase? Students who live within the same household can share credits.
- If my 2 children are sharing 1 laptop, do we pay 2 Quarantine Credits per session or 1? Each device will require 1 Quarantine Credit. We understand parents don't always have enough devices for all their students. Clearly, two students who are sharing 1 laptop can't code at the same time, so we are treating each device as if it is one student at this time.
- Can parents sit in on the session? Yes! Parents observation and participation is welcome and encouraged!
- What if I don't use all my Quarantine Credits before this whole COVID-19 thing blows over? We will be continuing our Online Coding Club long after quarantines end. We are also happy to help transfer your remaining Quarantine Credits to in-person classes and camps that will be happening again after quarantines end. You can review our Terms and Conditions for more details.
- Do I really not need to schedule my Quarantine Credits in advance? That's right! Throughout the summer, from 12pm noon-4pm PST, Monday-Friday, just have your student join our emailed video conferencing link, and we will teach them coding! As students "spend" their Quarantine Credits, we'll send you an update if your Quarantine Credit balance is running low.
- How many Quarantine Credits should I purchase for this summer? You can do a quick estimate by multiplying the number of weeks x 5 days/week x hours per day x number of students. For example, if you have 1 child that you want to register for 3 hours per day for 5 weeks, you'd purchase: (5 weeks x 5 days/week x 3 hours per day x 1 student) = 75 credits.
- How do I become a MetaCoders Volunteer? Easily! Apply online here and we will be in touch about the upcoming opportunities soon!
- What kind of things do MetaCoders Volunteers do? All our volunteers start out with the basics -- you will help out in the classroom and administration tasks. As you become more comfortable with the MetaCoders experience, you will have more creative opportunities and more power to decide how you spend your time.
- Are there any prerequisites to volunteering? There are no requirements for coding knowledge or teaching experience. For tech, our volunteers usually need a reliable internet connection, computer such as a desktop or laptop that can access online video conferencing, and a webcam/microphone. We do require our volunteers be 17 or older.
- Can I get free Quarantine Credits for my children by volunteering? This is the best part about being an educational co-op! By putting in your time and energy, you can get free educational opportunities for your children. Volunteers can receive 1 Quarantine Credit for every 1-hr of volunteer time (that's 1-hr of education for kids for every 1-hr of volunteer time.)
- As a volunteer, can I gift my free Quarantine Credits to someone else? Absolutely! We have grandparents who volunteer and gift their credits to their grandchildren. Same with aunts and uncles for their nieces and nephews. You can also gift credits to someone outside your family.